Important!

Since School is going to be starting for me, I wont be able to blog as much. So whenever there is a lack of post during the week days please visit Here to get the latest Twilight News! and also check out my contributers too their blogs are really cool. They will be updating my blog for me during the week. Just make sure you remember to always check out TwiGossip on the weekends for the weekly update! And if you are intrested in blogging for twigossip just email me at twigossip@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marcus Foster: Interview and Photo Shoot

Cause=Time sat down with Marcus Foster in early August to talk music. Photographer Todd Roeth joined with them and we have this fantastic shoot of Marcus

C=T & photographer extraordinaire Todd Roeth have teamed up again for another addition of Quick Hits. This week, we have caught up with UK singer-songwriter, . The solo artist is touring behind a a live album and EP. Not to mention appearing on two different soundtracks and having a heartthrob for a bff (my wife thinks he’s pretty dreamy). Needless to say, the guy is very busy and most earnest singer songwriter touring the circuit.


C=T : How’s the tour going so far? Did you visit In and Out or Amoeba whilst in Los Angeles?

MF: The tour seems to be going well, people are enjoying the shows, its amazing traveling around and a great way seeing America. I didn’t get the chance to visit In and Out burger although someone gave me a voucher for it but i did get to go to Amoeba which was insane I spent hundreds of dollars in there buying old blues and gospel records from the fifties I could live in that place.

C=T : Best Bob Dylan album to listen to on vinyl?

MF: I haven’t got them all on vinyl just yet but listening to ‘Boots of Spanish Leather’ or ‘One too many Mornings’ off the ‘Times they are a changing’ album is pretty special.

C=T : Your music has been selected on two different occasions to appear in cinema. How do you decide if you want your work to appear in said works?

MF: One of the films had Christopher Walken in it and I’m a big fan of his so I couldn’t say no and it’s a great movie called ‘Five Dollars A Day’. The other film was different because a friend of mine sung the song that I wrote and I didn’t know he recorded it but when I found out I thought why not.I would like to do some more music for film, I like the idea of doing something like Neil Young in that film ‘Dead Man’ where he just watched the film and played his guitar. I also write a lot of instrumental stuff on the piano.

C=T : Who would smoke more cigarettes in one night, Nick Cave or Tom Waits?

MF: In his time of smoking, Tom Waits.

C=T : What are your current recording plans for the rest of the year?

MF: When I get back to London I’m going to put together a band and record some live stuff and maybe cut an album if i find the right musicians or maybe put out a single on itunes I’m not sure. I also plan on returning back to America to do another tour in December if i can work it out.

C=T : Does the English team stand a chance in next year’s World Cup?

MF: There’s nothing like a room full of people filled with false hope.

You can check out Marcus's music by clicking here! (and you REALLY need too!)

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment